Scott Fray and Madelyn Greco are a pair of US body paint artists, the first and only to have won all five World Championship titles, in an unbroken string of victories, across every category.
The couple has appeared on air to detail their art and lives for NPR, on several shows. They have been showcased in print media or online by CNN, MSN, YahooNews, International Business Times.com, Sports Illustrated.com and FOX-8 NC. Fine art representation of LivingBrush’s work has been featured prominently in several internationally published books on the subject. Scott and Madelyn’s work has gained notoriety via a variety of global trade publications, as well as numerous regional publications.
With a meteoric rise through the ranks to champion competitive status, the pair is currently focused on creating bodypainting images as a fine art endeavor, with hope of finding similar success in international galleries and museums. They also enjoy teaching, speaking and consulting at the international and national level for conferences and competitions, in addition to university and specialty arts organizations, professional and peer groups, as artists gaining exemplary recognition in their field.
Scott and Madelyn believe wholeheartedly in the transcendent nature of the work they create, coining the phrase, “soul-on-skin”. They welcome it as an opportunity to view and translate into art some aspect of the deeper nature of their subject. They also count numerous experiences involving body paint sessions that seem to offer a subject healing or relief from negative body-image and body-trauma issues. They are pleased when these other gifts occasionally spring organically from their own gift and are delighted to create art that touches others deeply.
- First Place – World Award (Austria) UV Performance Bodypainting 2014
- First Place – World Award (Austria) Facepainting 2014
- Appreciation Award – Korean Makeup Artist Association 2014
- First Place – World Award (Austria) Airbrush Bodypainting 2013
- First Place – World Award (Austria) Special Effects Bodypainting 2012
- First Place – World Award (Austria) Brush and Sponge Bodypainting 2011
- First Place – North American Bodypainting Championship (Dallas) Brush and Sponge Bodypainting 2011
- First Place – Daegu International Bodypainting Festival (South Korea) 2013
- First Place/Audience Choice – Bodies as a Work of Art (Atlanta) 2012
- Second Place – World Award (Austria) Brush & Sponge Bodypainting 2010
- Second Place – Daegu International Bodypainting Festival (South Korea) 2012
- Third Place – North American Bodypainting Championship (Las Vegas) Brush and Sponge Bodypainting 2010
Honors and Distinctions
- Founded The American Body Arts Festival in New York state. We successfully broke the Guinness World Record for “most bodies painted” in both 2006 and 2007.
- Co-founded “Living Art America” in 2013, now sanctioned by the World Bodypainting Association as the official North American Bodypainting Competition.
- Scott & Madelyn both served as judges for the Daegu International Bodypainting Festival (South Korea) 2011, 2014, 2015.
- Scott & Madelyn both served as judges for Living Art America (Atlanta) 2013.
- Scott was honored as the premier inductee into the International Fine-Art Bodypainting Association 2011.
- Scott and Madelyn served on the board of the International Fine-Art Bodypainting Association beginning 2014.
- Scott and Madelyn consulted for the television reality show “Skin Wars” 2013-2015
- Scott served as a judge for the World Bodypainting Festival (Austria) 2015